Weighing only 11 pounds, the Crown XLS 2000 power amplifier puts out 2100 watts — and with this amp’s built-in line conditioner, dirty AC is no problem.
Crown XLS 2000 Power Amp (2100 Watts)
Give your PA system the support it deserves with the extremely lightweight Crown XLS 2000, a 2100-watt power amplifier that’s as reliable and powerful as it is efficient. Ultra-portable and versatile, the XLS 2000 weighs about 11 pounds without sacrificing any of the features that you’d find in a comparable amp weighing over 40. It provides unrivaled performance and flexibility for anything from DJ sets to church events, major concerts, or home theaters, in a sharp, space-saving 2U rack space design. With integrated DriveCore Technology, a PureBand Crossover System, Peakx limiters, a switch-mode power supply, and more onboard, this 2100-watt power amp has the headroom you need to drive more passive speakers without distortion.
DriveCore Technology Drives This Class D Amp
With DriveCore Technology, there’s no way that faulty power sources can affect your performance. Developed by Crown in collaboration with Texas Instruments, DriveCore Technology — a proprietary hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit (IC) — drives the front end of the Class D output stage, allowing the XLS 2000 to overcome any setbacks caused by sagging or “dirty” AC lines such as those that may be simultaneously powering other equipment. DriveCore Technology means that even if you plug the XLS 2000 into an unreliable wall outlet or if there’s simply too much going on at the same time, you won’t hear any difference in sound quality.
Complete Crossover Control
Using the XLS 2000’s PureBand Crossover System, you can vary the crossover frequency at any point between 50 Hz and 3 kHz on 1/12 octave centers, which means you get dedicated control over what frequencies you’re sending to each channel. Four crossover modes — Crossover, LowPass, HighPass, and Bridge — let you engage either a low-pass filter or high-pass filter at your chosen frequency. Using the LCD interface on the front panel, it’s easy to configure all PureBand Crossover System settings.
Protect Your Precious PA from Possible Blowouts
Crown’s XLS 2000 looks out for your other gear, too. Thanks to Peakx limiters, the power amp is able to achieve higher sound pressure levels (SPL) with fewer unwanted artifacts, providing the greatest amount of safe power to your speakers with very little distortion and fewer shutdowns. You can conveniently turn Peakx limiters on or off from the XLS 2000’s front panel.
A Switched-Mode Power Supply for Lightweight Portability
Gladly take your show on the road with this lightweight power amplifier. The XLS 2000 stays slim due to its advanced switched-mode power supply, which is optimized for max power transfer from the AC line through the Class D output stage to the loudspeakers. When you’ve got a van full of gear to transport and set up at your next gig, having an 11-pound power amp like the Crown XLS 2000 can make things so much easier.
– Lightweight, 2100-watt Class D power amplifier
– Weighs just 11 pounds, making transport and set up easy
– Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
– Peakx limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
– XLR, 1/4″, RCA inputs provide flexibility
– Efficient forced-air fans keep the unit cool even in demanding situations
– Electronically balanced XLR inputs and touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs provide versatile connectivity
– Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and 6 LEDs indicate signal, clip, and fault for each channel
– Backed by Crown’s 3-year warranty
– Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.5%
– Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60Hz and 7kHz at 4:1), From full rated output to -30dB: <0.3%
– Damping Factor (8 ohm): 10 Hz to 400 Hz: > 200
– Crosstalk (below rated 8 Ohm power): At 1kHz: > 85dB, At 20kHz: >55dB
– Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kOhm balanced, 10 kOhm unbalanced
– Load Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm per channel in Stereo, 4 to 8 Ohm in Bridge Mono
– AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (+/- 10%): 120 VAC 60 Hz, 100 VAC 50/60 Hz, 220 and 240 VAC 50 Hz
– Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back
– Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation
– Air Volume Requirements (per minute per unit): 80.15 ft
Minimum Guaranteed Power (per channel, both channels driven)
– Stereo, 2 ohms: 1050W
– Stereo, 4 ohms: 650W
– Stereo, 8 ohms: 375W
– Bridged mono, 4 ohms: 2100W
– Bridged mono, 8 ohms: 1300W