WaveLab belongs to the very first mastering applications available, its history stretching all the way back to 1995. Over the years WaveLab has seen several milestones in software mastering but, at the same time, has always retained its focus on its sole purpose: to provide the best workflow and tools for mastering, editing and restoration.
Audio editing and mastering
WaveLab features sample-accurate stereo and multi-track audio editing combined with an impressive set of tools that expedite your workflow. In sum, WaveLab is the most powerful and versatile mastering application on the market today and combines the facilities of many other products within one, intuitive, flexible application.
- Powerful clip-based Audio Montage for stereo or multi-track projects
- Supports audio files with up to 384kHz in 24-bit quality
- Track-based effects, master effect section and master section
- Unlimited undo/red, powerful batch processing and archiving features
- Speaker management for monitoring several loudspeaker setups
- High-quality set of plug-ins and processors including iZotope’s MBIT+™ Dithering, Voxengo’s CurveEQ and mastering-grade VST 3 plug-ins
- Intuitive marker system and master transport panel for fast project navigation
- Comprehensive audio analysis suite and metering functions
- Advanced editing toolset with high-resolution zooming
WaveLab highlights advanced spectrum editing and error correction tools. And with the Sonnox DeNoiser, DeClicker and DeBuzzer tools, it also includes the latest restoration plug-in technology available on the market — best suited to accurately restore impaired audio recordings.
- Spectrum editing for correction of errors deeply hidden in the frequency spectrum
- Error correction tools with analysis and automatic correction tools
- DeNoiser effectively removes constant background noise
- DeClicker is the right choice to eliminate pops, clicks and crackles
- DeBuzzer removes humming noises like the mains hum
CD & DDP mastering
CD mastering is more than just squeezing maximum loudness out of music tracks and putting these into the right order for creating a CD. With WaveLab you can match and adjust levels, equalization, spatial integration and many other audio aspects between different audio tracks in order to create a coherent acoustic experience across the entire CD.
- Support for the industry-standard DDP format
- Create a DDP image for exchange with the CD manufacturer
- Create complex transitions and crossfades between titles
- Intuitive track assembly and audio editing
- Extensive marker management and PQ editing
Besides outstanding sound quality and data integrity, WaveLab offers an efficient workflow experience and flexible system integration which are the key requirements in professional broadcast facilities.
- 24-bit / 384 kHz resolution and 32-bit floating-point precision
- Fully equipped EBU-compliant loudness metering and processing
- Supports MPEG 1 Layer 2 (MUSICAM) file format and Broadcast WAV
- Powerful scripting capabilities including API scripting interface
- Supports multiple file formats and metadata inclusion
Interviews & field recording
WaveLab is an ideal tool for radio journalists — and that’s why it is being used as field recording application as well as for recording, editing and exporting interviews.
- Intuitive recording setup and versatile monitoring capabilities
- Record, analyse, master, batch-process and render the recorded audio files right to the desired formats
WaveLab’s powerful recording and processing features have made it the first choice for scientific audio archiving and restoration as well as audio laboratory applications including forensic analysis.
- Reliable, flexible and easy-to-use application
- Highly customizable workflow and powerful user-preset and batch processing features
- Perfect integration into practically any audio laboratory environment